Who is True Vine Ministries?
The True Vine Ministries World Outreach Fellowship first opened its doors on May 22, 1992, at what was then 330 N. Reilly Road in Fayetteville, NC. Impressed by God to start a work near Fort Bragg, Elder Ernest Jones, Sister Cynthia Jones and their daughter Jessica stepped out on faith and began preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The first members to join were Minister Carlos Swinger, his wife Mary, and daughter Candace. Today nearly 500 people have chosen to make True Vine Ministries their Church home.
The name of the church derived from the message given by Christ which is found in the Gospel according to the Apostle John, Chapter 15, verse 1: I am the True Vine, and my father is the husbandman. True Vine Ministries, or TVM, as it is affectionately called by many of its members, has in its short existence touched numerous lives in the community, in rest homes, in the prisons, and in the military. God's hand has been at work in the midst of the ministry and truly it can be said: Hitherto the Lord has helped us. The ministry purchased land to build a Sanctuary on May 13, 1996. One year later, May 2, 1997 the first services were conducted in the new edifice at 5315 Morganton Road. In August 1998, TVM became the home of the Family Bible College of Fayetteville offering a accredited Associate and Bachelor Degrees in Theology. In the summer of 2001, True Vine expanded its existing sanctuary, building a 500-seat auditorium, and converting the previous edifice into a Children's Church. The vision of the church is to set liberty them that are bruised by preaching, teaching, presenting, serving, loving and magnifying Christ.
Statement of Faith:
- The Bible to be the inspired and only infallible written Word of God.
- That there is One God eternally existent in Three Persons, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- In the Blessed Hope, which is the rapture of the Church of God, which is in Christ, at His return.
- That the only means of being cleansed from sin, is through repentance and faith in the precious Blood of Jesus Christ.
- That the redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides healing for the human body in answer to "believing" prayer.
- That the baptism in the Holy Ghost, according to Acts 2:4, is given to believers who ask for it.
- In the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit, by Whose indwelling, the Christian is enabled to live a holy and separated life in this present world; Amen.
To set at liberty, those who are bruised. The ministry is especially designed toward deliverance; delivering and setting at liberty Christians who have been hurt, people who have been religiously bound, and sinners from the snare of sin. TVM seeks to be a place for recovering Christians and new born Christians to rediscover (or discover) the joy of serving the Lord. We have been called to develop a free atmosphere to worship God in various forms, and to create a dynamic youth program that will excite, train, and inspire young people toward a full relationship with God.